Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Measure Twice....Cut once

Wednesday.

Work from the house day!

I decided today that I would work from the house so that I could actually get some patterning done. It was nice to just roll out of bed, make a cup of coffee and get to work. No taxis.

We have taken over the living room down stairs for pattern making, and it has become quite a mess. So, before we started working we decided to take 15 minutes to clean and organize. I busted out the rubber gloves and everything! After all of the dust, scraps of fabric and mouse poop was cleaned we patterned our hearts out!

We spent the morning patterning but then we ran out of materials. Luckily we had a few other things to work on for the rest of the afternoon. I feel like there is a lot of pressure doing the patterns, because we make them on interfacing and we use pens. This means....when you draw a line it better be correct because you can't go back.

Yesterday I spent the better half of my day working with one of the batikers that was making a new sample for us. She has the BEST location ever! It is right on the ocean, so there is an amazing view and a great sea breeze. We did not have time to finish the sample, so I am excited to see the final outcome when I go into the office on Friday.

Tomorrow is a national holiday, so that means we have a day off!!!!

Not much of an update today...that's what happens when I don't leave the house.

Peace. Love. Fabric Scraps.

No comments:

Post a Comment