Saturday, June 5, 2010

rain rain go away....

Saturday.

I guess I should clear up a comment from the last post. I'm not actually depressed, I was just being dramatic because I really wanted to go to the beach. No need for any actual concern.

Oatmeal update! Add a little cinnamon to it....oh what an early morning treat.

I had a bit of trouble sleeping last night because I was soooo cold. Cold to the point that my bones were hurting and I was curled up into fetal position with my single sheet wrapped around my entire body. Now, I guess that I could have gotten out of my bed to shut all of the windows and turn off the fan, but that requires untucking my bug net and crawling over and around my bed, and at 3 in the morning it's just not worth it.

Sadly, when I woke up it was very cloudy and there were still a few drizzles falling from the sky, so we took a group vote and decided to skip the beach. Rather than spending the morning lounging in a hammock, I went back under my bug net and finished reading one of my books. Peop decided that he would be lazy as well, and somehow weaseled his way under my net and onto my bed. He really does not realize what a big dog he is. So he flopped onto my twin size bed and spread out literally on top of my body. I'm sure it was quite a site. Eventually he heard something outside and I had the bed back to myself to keep reading.

I made some mac and cheese for lunch, using laughing cow cheese wedges...I was shocked to find them here! I had attempted making this before, but I didn't have the correct noodle to cheese ratio going on. This time I had success.

After lunch I walked over to the resort and worked out. I have rediscovered my love of jumping rope. There are also hula-hoops, but I don't have much luck with those. After working out there was a little bit of sun, so I walked down to the pool. However, due to the massive amount of rain, or my bad luck, it was closed for chemical treatment. I had a book with me, so I just grabbed a chair overlooking the ocean and did a little more reading.

After sitting out, reading, watching the waves roll in....(Rough life, I know) I walked over to shell and got a frozen yogurt. It was rock solid when I bought it, and by the time I got home it was half melted. Gah. I spent the rest of the afternoon finishing another book that I was reading.

We walked down to Elis for dinner, and I lucked out because there was a rock cake for me!! We had a very healthy dinner of potatoes. :-).....hey, its just what we were craving.

Now, about your taxi suggestions. We do have a few that we call if we are going somewhere like the beach, but its just too hard to arrange something like that in the mornings. Plus, if I had a reliable driver everyday, what would I blog about?

Thank you for always leaving me comments! I love getting them.

This is such an uneventful post...

Beach tomorrow? Keep your fingers crossed!

Peace. Love. Books.

3 comments:

  1. I knew you were not seroius about the depression!! I never would have thought that kind of weather for Africa, guess I thought it was always real hot. Never was much into geography. I understand not getting out of bed! The other night Rob left the basement tv on and it was booming through the vent in my room, and there was no way I was gonna use my energy to go downstairs and turn it off! Should have, cuz it was not a restful sleep that night. O well. I too am going to google these rock cakes, im wondering about them! O ya, the other day at work, a friend busted out dancing! Yes, lunch ladies dancing at work! I thought of you. Hope you made it to the beach.

    peace. love. hula hoops.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I decided to Google rock cakes. They have them with current or raisins or dried fruit or orange rind or coconut. What does yours have in them?
    There were pictures of them and they DO LOOK YUMMY!
    I don't know what I will find if I Google meat pies ; - )

    peace. love. SUNSHINE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So what kinds of books are you reading? Stuff on topics that you are studying/doing in Africa or fun books?

    I appreciate your use of "GAH!" in this post. Especially since it relates to frozen yogurt and I can totally understand your frustration when it isn't just right but you want it to perfect SO badly.

    love!

    ReplyDelete