Monday, June 28, 2010

Just another manic Monday

Week 7! Holy Smokes the time is flying!

Weekends throw me off here. I woke up this morning thinking that it was Sunday...then I realized that indeed it was Monday and I had to go to work.

I sat with a small child in the front seat of the taxi this morning. Is it strange that it is no longer disturbing to me? I just scoot their little booty over and plop dow next to them until we get to their school. The driver this morning asked if we go to Cape Coast everyday, because he often sees us standing on the street. Then he gave me his number in case we ever need a ride. Kind, however he picked his nose throughout the entire ride and we stalled twice. I think I will just "misplace" that number.

Because it was Monday the office was a mad house. We made round two of batik stencils and sent out a few patterns to have new samples made. It is exciting to see how quickly things are made, so it is going to be a good week getting all of the new samples in. My goal was to work in the office for the morning and then head back to the house to work on patterns, but after doing everything I really needed to get done I was only able to sneak out about 20 minutes early...no patterns were made.

On the way home Ras-T put "his girls" into a taxi and we were on our way. I bought a frozen yogurt on the way and for the life of me I could not open it up. I think I spent half the ride just chewing on the corner trying to rip the plastic.

The West Point group wanted to have dinner with us again so we went to Eli's. I am proud to say that I actually ate some chicken tonight. But it was actually a bit of a let down. But I have a rock cake in my bag to make up for it!

Peace. Love. Samples.

2 comments:

  1. glad you had a good weekend and a good monday! A good monday cancels a bad friday! When I was reading that you were going to watch the game...last thing i expected was that it would be at a shell! that sounds like fun, what a different atmosphere than you would find here, nothing fancy needed, just a bunch of people all cheering on for the same result, thats all you need! look forward to the pics!

    peace. love. the other white meat (now know as chicken)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. okay. the smallchildinthefrontseat thing STILL cracks me up.

    ReplyDelete