Monday, June 7, 2010

I'm having fish tonight!!

Monday.
Week Four. Can you believe that this is already my fourth week here? Time is flying by!

Please excuse my multiple SUNday entries, my blackberry is wack and decided to post it four different times. fail.

I woke up in a bed of sand this morning......I guess I did not shower as well as I had thought. I think sand is just falling out of my pores now. Other than the sand in my bed issues, it was a typical morning, read, oatmeal, taxi. There was nothing exciting about the taxi this morning, because we had to take a bag of supplies to work, so we hired a "drop car".

Katie, my roommate was sick all night long, so this morning she had to go to the hospital. After many hours and many different tests, they found that she does not have malaria, but she has something....hopefully it will get better soon.

We drank a lot of starbucks via this morning, so we got a ton of work done this morning. We (the designers) have our big trend presentation tomorrow afternoon, so the afternoon was spent putting everything together.....and singing random songs.

At one point two huge bags of scrap fabric came falling down from a huge stack, and almost flipped the table. We were definitely awake after that!

On the way home I broke part of the taxi. I had Katies backpack with me today, and when I got into the taxi, it was still half on my back. Then I looked to my side to pull the bag onto my lap, when I realized that I was wrapped up in some kind of rubber. It ended up that I got the bag stuck on the rubber that seals the door and pulled it right off. So I turned to the girl next to me and just started cracking up. Then the drivers started laughing, and 5 of them came over to try to stick it back on. They laughed at me for a long time, until finally it was stuck back on the door.

Walking back to the house I noticed that there were some rock cakes and fish pies at Elis. I did not sign up for dinner, so I stopped and got some for dinner and breakfast.

I spent most of my evening working on our presentation, and getting to know the new designers that came to the house today.

Short post.

Peace. Love. Fish pies.

1 comment:

  1. Can rock cakes and ground nut butter make their way back to MI in September??? I salavate evertime I read about them!

    I hope your roommate starts feeling better! Is what she has contagious? (Hopefully not!)

    Love!

    ReplyDelete