Friday, June 25, 2010

Hug A Rasta Day

Friday.

I'm sorry, but there is such a thing as a stupid question.
Seriously.....think before you ask, and try to figure it out on your own.

It was pouring rain all morning, which was nice as I enjoyed my coffee on the balcony, but my feelings changed as soon as I had to walk outside and down the muddy street. Thank God for ziplock bags to keep all of my belonging nice and dry.

I was back working in the office today. Last night we received some feedback from the US on more prints and new styles, so I met with most of this designers this morning to give them the feedback.  Once direction was given to each of them (and repeated over and over) I tried to focus on sending a file of samples for review.  This took way longer than is should have due to the fact nobody can figure anything out on their own. Can you tell I am frustrated at the moment?  You have a "to do" list.....DO IT!

I basically spent my entire day working on photos of samples and editing them to be sent off to the US to take a look at. Well....I guess I was also entertaining the designers with my realistic baby cry. Consider yourself a lucky one if you actually know what that sounds like!  I am currently at the Beach Resort trying to get my email to send.  My connection is slower than molasses, but I guess it gives me time to update here. After work I ran to the market to get a few things (coffee and cheese) and then I had one of our favorite drivers on the way home. He is a rasta man, and everyone just calls him Ras-T. I like when he drives us because he knows right where to drop us off without any direction. It makes for an easy ride.

Tonight we are going to attempt to make "new friends" and we are going to hang out with another NGO that lives in Elmina.  They all live on a beach that people do not use as a toilet so we are going to hang out down there.  It is pretty cold here today, so I think I will actually wear pants and long sleeves! I NEVER thought I would say that about Ghana!

Tomorrow....Ghana vs. USA
Who will win?

peace. love. rain.

2 comments:

  1. hope the weekend makes up for what sounded like a rough Friday! Have fun making new friends and watching the US beat Ghana. :)
    love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. peace.love.black stars.

    ReplyDelete