Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Qdoba!

Wednesday. What I wouldn't do for Qdoba right now!
Welcome back sunshine.

Before I forget I would like for all of you to pray for sun this weekend so that we can all go to the beach! :-)

While you are all fast asleep each morning, I am going through taxi hell. This morning four of us went to grab a taxi, and there were none in site. So we stood on the side of the road and waited for awhile until one finally pulled over. We went through our usual talk and got in. Then the driver threw it into reverse and turned around and started driving the other way. So we were like woah woah woahhhh where are you going. I guess he thought we were going to a different stop, so we got out and had to wait again. When the next taxi pulled over there was a baby laying on the front seat. So, we got in and Maria had to hold the baby on her lap. Then we had to pull over and drop the little babe off at school. The driver was running to the school, while we were just sitting in the car....late for work. We considered just taking the taxi and leaving. It would be so nice, because we would always have a car to take us around. But, then the driver came running back down the hill. So once again we were on our way and we hit so much traffic. The driver decided to take a "short cut" that did not end up being so short, and we basically had to drive through a river to get back to the road.

Finally we made it to work. I went into the office and got design teams organized and then met with the designers. We had to do a little more folding, but not as much as we thought
Then we had a good brain storming session about what we were designing and we really got some great ideas, but then it was suddenly the end of the day, so we went home.

It just must be my unlucky day, because I got stuck in yet another taxi from hell. Fist the woman in the front was pressuring us for money, then there was another child in the car who would not stop looking at us, then we had to make like 10 stops and the car smelled and I wanted to vom.

We got home and went to the pool but it was closed, so rather than swim and work out I went back for another street sausage. Yep.....I said another. It is just so good and they give you a spicy mustard powder to dip it in. Then after I ate that we went to dinner. It started to rain so we moved the tables under a covered area surrounded with beads. Eli made rock cakes but by the time we got there she only had 2 left! That just tells you how good they are. I was only able to ge one and that just isn't going to cut it.

Pepo got to come with us to dinner tonight, and there is a dog named Jack who I think belongs to Eli. So Pepo and Jack got to have a little play date, while we all tried to make up voices for them and act out what they are saying. I don't think the rest of the group thought this was very funny because they didn't stick around for too long after.

I broke down today and paid to have my laundry done. I did a small load the other day, but it has been so rainy that I never had time to do it during the week. So when I woke up today and saw the sun, I decided I better just have it washed. How nice to come home to a clean basket of laundry.

Oooo and I got a cell phone today, so maybe if you are lucky I will call you one day

Remember, pray for a sunny Saturday.

Peace. Love. Clean clothes.

2 comments:

  1. Yes! I'm finally the first to comment! I hope you are seeing all my messages since I usually check your blogs in the mornings (our morning) and, I'm just learning that, at that point, your blog has already been up for like 12 hours. Wah wahh.

    Okay. Twin Cuzin Moment. I make up voices and words for Olive All.The.Time. Sometimes I do it so much that I start thinking that I, myself, am maybe just a little off. But it's just too fun/ny to stop!

    That taxi situation does sound like a nightmare. So you definitely have my sympathies there, girl. But I'm sure that as the days and weeks go on, you'll get so used to it that it will be as second nature as chewing fufu. :)

    Praying for a sunny Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah List this is the best stuff! I love reading your fun thoughts, literally it is like hearing what is going on in your head word for word. Now are the taxis car sized or bigger like a van, are you sitting crammed next to smelly people? Do you have some personal space? Did the baby mind being held by a stranger?
    Sara H.

    ReplyDelete