Friday, June 18, 2010

bag - o - wata

Friday Friday Friday!

I had the best dinner ever last night! First, the guac and plantain chips were amazing! Then for dinner we had black eyed pea burgers, and I put some of the extra guac on top! Yum. One time Karrah and I made turkey burgers with guac, spinach, and homemade pesto mayonnaise....(Karrah I know your mouth is watering right now), but anyway, they tasted just like that! This should just turn into a food blog, because I feel like it is all I talk about.

This morning I once again shared a seat with a small school boy. Due to the fact we had to stop at school I was one of the last ones in the office, but as I was walking up the street half the interns were leaving to go on a trip...so the office was quite empty when I walked in. The goal of today was to print and make all of the stencils for the first round of samples. And because we worked on this all day long....Mission accomplished! Thank you ellen Keane for cutting everything out! Number one worker of the day.

Between making batik stamp templates my day consisted of...drinking tea, going to the bank, eating my goat and rice combo, eating a sweet potato, listening to the world cup (not by choice) and drinking my first water bag. I always have my water bottle with me, so there has not ever been a need to buy water, but today someone got one for me, so I just had to drink it. It is a small square bag that is filled with pure water. If you ask me, it looks like a square breast implant...no joke. To drink it you bite the corner and drink away. It is slightly awkward, but also kind of fun.

We were a little late leaving the office due to some packing that needed to be finished for a shipment tomorrow morning. We were walking to where we always get a taxi, and you have to walk up a hill, cross a street and then walk back down a hill where all of the taxis are parked. So we were at the top of the hill, about to walk down when a driver asked "where are you going...Elmina?" We said yes, and he said "Yes, I will take you there" so I asked if it was a shared taxi, he said yes, then I set the price, he agreed, and as the other two girls were getting in I heard a lot of commotion. I looked down the hill and all of the drivers were yelling ELMINA! ELMINA! And waving their arms. I stood watching for a minute trying to figure out what was happening, when one of the drivers started to run up the hill. So I told the other two girls to get out of the car and we would get in a different taxi. They were confused as I grabbed them out, but the drivers seemed pretty serious that they didn't want us in that taxi. Now, maybe they just wanted the business, but I trust them because everyday we get a ride home from them, so the fact that all of the drivers were yelling at us made me think it was for a good reason. When I got to the bottom of the hill Sam was a little mad at me, asking why I would get in that taxi. I was confused, and just said sorry. Then he was fine.

By the time we got home it was dinner time, and we went down to Elis for veggie curry. It was so good!

This weekend my plan is just to hang out and maybe visit one of the castles.

Peace. Love. Curry.

2 comments:

  1. our internet is out at our house so i have had to catch up.

    i think you need to post some pictures of taxis...seeing how thats where a lot of entertainment comes from.

    maybe take a video of a taxi ride.

    sounds like you have some customer loyalty things going on with the taxi drivers.

    can you buy popcorn there?....like kernals that you can pop in a pop..or street corn?

    peace.love.yummy goat. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ummm. that's kind of a scary story about the taxi. why did they not want you to get in? I don't get it. maybe they knew something about that driver that you didn't?! eeeek.

    ReplyDelete