Wednesday, June 16, 2010

..

Thursday.

Ok, the title from yesterday was just part of a dream that someone had here. Quit racking your brains as to if it came from a movie or a show.

Last night a few of us decided to make a "family dinner" aka we all just wanted to eat each others food. We made a killer rice mixture! Rice, tomato paste, garlic, curry, cayenne pepper, and ground nut butter. SO GOOD! It was like Thai rice.

I rode to work this morning in a taxi that smelled like a tackle box. It was fairly unpleasant to say the least. At least my clothes were not on backwards today...

Today was a productive day (at least for me) at work. Last night we received feedback from the US on our trend presentation, so the first item on our to do list this morning was to review the comments. Overall we got a lot of good feedback, and we are going to test a lot of new stamps. We planned out a schedule for the rest of the time the interns will be here, and as of next week it is going to be crazy!! After we planned the schedule, I met with the design team to give them the feedback, and gave them a plan for the next few days. Then I went back to working on all my projects and let them work on more new designs.

For lunch I went and got my 50 cent rice bowl....yeah, I can eat the same thing every day and not be phased by it one bit. Oh, and today I learned that I am actually eating goat! Yep, goat stew...I guess she forgot to tell me that ingredient the other day.

I spent the rest of the afternoon working on some CAD and trying to figure out the worlds most intense spreadsheet. Then I hit a wall and did a little facebook stalking while jamming to some music. When it was time to leave I decided that I wanted a frozen yogurt, so I got my 50 cents ready and went on the hunt. As I was walking up the big hill I spotted not 1, but 3 FanIce bikes!!! THREE! As I approached them I made the mistake of making eye contact with all three of them and this is when the trouble began. Obviously there was only 1 of me, and I would only be buying 1 yogurt...the only question was from who!! So, they all started begging me to buy from them and people were all around and a big bus was pulling up so I just went with the one that was closest to me. Then, the bus was getting closer....when it realized that it was not going to fit. So, everyone just started yelling! Yelling at the bus, yelling at the vendors, yelling to get out of the way, and I was just standing in the middle yelling FOR THE LOVE OF FANICE!!!! Then the bus started to make its way through, so I grabbed my FanIce and peaced out!

Something kind of funny and kind of gross happened on the way home in the taxi...luckily it did not happen to me. There was a rather sweaty woman sitting in the front seat, and as we were driving her sweat was FLYING onto the boy sitting behind her. Ick!

Now we are off to a brainstorming dinner meeting at Elis. We talked her into making guac and plantain chips. YUM!

And once again, some Q and A:
1. I am only seeing world cup action via tv. But the fans here are so funny to watch. When Ghana scored they were screaming, thanking Jesus, yelling that they love their country and dancing in the streets! And we always get to jam to a good song....Wavin' Flag by K'naan. Download it and pretend you are here with me!

2. No worries, little miss oatmeal doesn't read my blog...and I guess oh well if she does.

Peace. Love. Guac and chips.

5 comments:

  1. What, no title today? Only two dots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. have we annoyed you about the title? I was wondering too...it seems it usually pertains to the blog, so I didnt know! When I first read the title.....I was sooo scared, I thought someone threw your laptop down the laundry shoot!! Your dinner sounds like it was fun, what ingredent did you and US friends contribute, it sounded like a bunch of each cultures food in one, if I understand. But I cant believe you are eating goat, and continue to eat it now that you know! WOW, but goat, lamb whats the big dif I guess. Sweat flying in the cab, i would have barfed (vom)
    for sure. Happy weekend!

    peace. love. fanice vendors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too was confused about the title, when I first read it I was soooo scared someone threw your laptop down the laundry shoot!!!! I guess usually the title has to do with the blog so it freaked me out. I can not believe you are eating goat, now that you know it! but i guess goat...lamb..whats the big dif huh?! Flying sweat in the taxi would make me puke for sure, that is so gross. Happy weekend!

    peace. love. fanice vendors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg i feel silly, my first comment said it did not post, so i re-did it, and lo and behold,,,,there are tow! I feel silly.

    peace. love. blog posting problems.

    ReplyDelete
  5. FanIce sounds like something I would be buying with you on a daily basis! Thanks for the Q&A session! Bry and I have been watching a lot of the World Cup games and we have asked each other like 5 times now - I wonder if Sarah is around any of this madness and crazy loud fog horns blowing for 90 minutes straight! Neither one of us could answer our own question. So I thought I'd just ask you via blog.:) Love!

    ReplyDelete