Tuesday, June 8, 2010

CRIKEY!!

Tuesday.

I bought a bag of orange juice this morning. I was so excited because it looked so refreshing, but then it tasted like Sunny Delight. Gah! I will not be buying that again.

There is always a struggle to get a taxi on Tuesday mornings, because it is a "no fishing" day. I guess no fishing also means no taxis. When it was just three of us, it was still ok because we could always catch one random cab on its way to Cape Coast. However, this morning when 12 of us needed a ride, we had a bit of trouble. I think it took at least 10 minutes to even flag one down, and then I had to talk him into taking us to Cape Coast for the correct amount. Our full car make it to the coast in good time...over a half hour later the other interns finally made it.

The first part of the morning I spent with the new interns, trying to get them up to speed on what the design team was working on. Then they had to go on their tour of the town, while we worked on finishing our presentation. In the afternoon we did the final presentation, and it went over really well. Our next step is to send it to the US and get feedback. I finished catching up the new interns, we walked about some new (and really good) product ideas, and then we went home!

Our taxi ride home was not anything exciting. When we got back I was feeling kind of blah, so I went over to the gym to work out. After my workout I was walking through the hotel and I said hello to one of the workers. He then proposed to me, but I said that I was married. Luck for me I had just moved the ring that I wear on my middle finger to my ring finger because my hands were swollen from working out. Then he noticed the ring and said, ohhhh you have husband. I said yes, and he said what kind of ring is that! (It is just a silver band) and I said a wedding band!! Then he said, oh but I want to marry a white girl like you. I said back to him, well its not going to be me!! Then he insulted my ring again. Then he asked if I would help to find him a wife, so I said that I would get back to him when I found one, and walked away as fast as possible. The, I went and got one of my all time favorite street sausages! I think I am addicted to them.

I feel like this post is too short, and I need to go on an adventure or something.......

Lame day.

Peace. Love. No fishing.

4 comments:

  1. Enough of the sausages already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are the new interns the ones from Central? Or are those ones already there? (confused).

    Sounds like an awkward encounter with that African man who wanted to marry you? But it sounds like you should have at least given him a chance. Test his rock cake, street sausage, and Sarah's oatmeal magic making abilities and then decide if you'll marry him or not. I'm just saying... :)

    love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you were way to quick to count out hotel man. He could have been the one for you.He might be the only man you kno who would ever eat street sausage and rock cakes. Guys in the US are pretty closed minded.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey,
    i can you send me your phone number.... i tried calling ith one but i got some random ghanian guy......i don't think it was the right number.


    we have been away for a few days...now i need to catch up on the blog.

    bro

    ReplyDelete