Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Ice cold powder milk......

Tuesday.

I knew it would be an interesting day when I got into the taxi and noticed that my dress was on backwards.....oh brother.

Work went by so slow today. Seriously I think I was half asleep the first part of the day. I continued working on the stamp library and I prepared some stencils to test out new batik prints. Oh, I also scheduled some site visits for the other interns to go on in the afternoon.

Then I was so excited because my custom hoodie came in today! It is so cool, its orange and pink and white. Perfect for the beach.

Again, I lost track of time and took a late lunch. I went to the market because I was having a serious cereal craving. I had a rather small selection, so I went with Honey Flakes, because there was a very happy little bear on the front of the box. Then I broke down and purchased some powder milk....I will let you know my thoughts on that tomorrow.

On my way back to the office I scored a frozen yogurt! So good!

After lunch some of the designers were at a site visit, so I met with the remaining design team to plan the workshop we are giving tomorrow. There have been some issues with measuring, and we decided that the best way to solve the problem is to work hands on with the quality control team. It will be a short workshop, but I think it is better to have multiple short workshops than to overwhelm the workers with too much information.

Later in the afternoon I decided that I wanted a snack, and discovered what I will now eat for lunch everyday. For 50 peswas (less than 50 cents) I got a huge bowl of rice and some tomato pepper stew. Now, I will not lie to you...I thought about this food choice for a long time. First, I was concerned because it was legit street food. Then, I kept thinking of people saying how you should only eat street food that you see being cooked, and is served to you hot. This was sitting on the table, and God only knows when it was made. But, I was really hungry, so I went for it. Good thing I did, because it was so good and spicy! Yum!

At the end of the day I had a meeting with Maria to talk about the progress of the projects. During our very formal meeting...the office was a mad house. There were people coming in and out, and phones ringing, and people calling people telling them if they call back again we will track them and have them arrested...it was quite the afternoon.

It is now time to try the powdered milk...update tomorrow

Peace. Love. Tuesday.

1 comment:

  1. I think you might have to add frozen yogurt to your daily menu too - that's got to be extra appreciated when enjoyed in Ghana!

    Question for your next Q and A: are you seeing any World Cup stuff going on in-person, being that it is in South Africa? Or are you just seeing stuff on TV like we are?

    thinking and prayer for you!
    love!

    ReplyDelete