Tuesday, June 22, 2010

This little piggy went to market

Tuesday.
On the way into work I saw the cutest little pig ever. He looked like half pig, half cow. About 30 minutes later I had to listen to that little piggy die. It is a sound that I never want to hear again.

After listening to the squeels of death I went on a site visit to work one on one with a batiker. Today I was working with Jennifer on sampling two new prints. Sorry, that is all the print info I can give....you know...top secret information. :-) She came to the office to pick me up because I had no clue as to where her house/studio was located. When we arrived she already had the base color done, so we were able to begin batiking right away. It is really interesting to see how different each of the womens styles are. Jennifer was just flinging hot wax all over the place. There was even a large splatter of wax on the ceiling, that I guess at one time exploded when she walked away. Yikes!

We spent the good part of the morning working on the samples, and then the greatest snack moment of my Ghana trip occurred. Jennfier made kettle corn. It seriously made my day. It was the perfect amount of sweet and salty.

After the samples were finished I went back to the madness of the office. There were still women coming in to pick up stamps, so space was tight. Also, while the stamp madness was happening we were trying to finish the second round of our trend presentation to send off to the US. Then at one point I gave up my computer so one of the women could check her emails....at which point I became completely useless. Then I basically had to serve as tech support to teach the women how to use the computers. You can ask my mom....I do not have an ounce of patience when it comes to teaching computers. Especially when it is not a mac. Luckily it was the end of the day, so we could just go home.

On the way to grab a taxi home we were walking when we all noticed the shirt of the man walking past. It said I (heart) Qdoba. I had to do a double take. I literally thought of asking if I could buy it from him.

When we were walking back to the house after being dropped off by the taxi we ran into a pack of Obrunis (white people) who work with an NGO based out of Elmina. They were having a snack/dinner at the street sausage spot, so we stopped to hang out with them. Most were from the UK and one was from Australia. I believe they do something with education, but I am still not 100 percent sure. We made plans to have our house hang out with their house this weekend.

Short post but I am so sleepy.

Oh, and I have been craving a peanut butter and jelly sandwich with puffy Cheetos and a glass of milk!

Peace. Love. Kettle Corn.

2 comments:

  1. that's funny - popcorn/kettle corn made an appearance in my blog post yesterday too! You should check it out. :)

    sounds like things are going well! P.S. I have a funny baby Andrew story for you! I'll email it to ya.

    love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. kettle corn. nice!

    thats cool that you got to do some one on one work with the people making stuff.

    peace.love.kettle corn.

    ReplyDelete