Saturday, June 19, 2010

I eat books

Ohhhh Saturday.

I "slept in" today...until 6:30. Even that early in the morning it was already so beautiful outside. I made myself a cup of tea and enjoyed a rock cake on the balcony. I finished my book. If you need a good beach read, I would suggest Something Borrowed.

Because it was such a beautiful day, we decided to spend a little time at the pool. Never really knowing what time it is around here, we headed over when it was really sunny. It was 8:30. we were the only fools there so early on a Saturday morning. We all claimed our beach chairs, and I started to read Murder on the Orient Express. I was hoping it would be a great murder mystery thriller, but after a few hours, I found it to be quite a disappointment. Sorry Agatha Christie, that is the only book I will read of yours.

Also, while at the pool I had an amazing salad. It was lettuce, cucumbers, green beats, potatoes, onions, carrots, green peppers, and peanuts, in some kind of garlic vinaigrette! Um. I was just excited to have raw veggies.

After I finished my book, and soaked up my fair share of sun, I headed back to the house. I had not brushed my hair in a while, because I just throw it into a bun everyday, so when I tried to brush it today I had a bit of trouble. There was a huge dred in the middle of my hair, and it did not want to come out. I had to sacrifice quite a few pieces in the end.

That's my day. Boring but relaxing.

Peace. Love. Books.

3 comments:

  1. Never say never about Agatha Christie! She may get you hooked yet! If you like tea and rock cakes [sounds like scones], you're halfway there! ;-)

    Sorry about your hair! But I hope tomorrow is as relaxing as today has been.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am always looking for a good read. I looked it up and there are a few books with that name... so I need the author too.
    thanks
    peace. love. and good books

    ReplyDelete