Tuesday, August 31, 2010

S*it Fest 2010

Please excuse my title, but today on our walk back from the office there was a constant smell of poo. The Cape Coast festival kicked off today, thus our putting together of the two events.

I spent the entire day working on "cheat sheets" of all the products. Putting these together is not difficult, as you just automate a contact sheet in photoshop, but organizing and dividing the images takes a bit of time. Then, once I had all of the sheets finished, I had to send them using the worlds slowest internet connection. I swear....four hours later the file was finally sent.

Around 3:30 everyone decided to go check out the opening boat race for the festival. We walked down to the lagoon, and on the way we passed EVERY kind of street food you could ever dream of! There were FanIce bikes every 10 feet, and sausage, rice, polo, candy, doughnuts, and even an ice cream truck! In my mind I called it The Cape Coast SpreE...anyone from L-town knows what I am refering too. However, I believe the CC festival is not only safer, but I am willing to bet it is cleaner. We will be going back on Sunday for the proper festival events, and to eat our brains out!

After work, I stopped by the Shell station to get dinner...FanIce, a tuna sandwich and a diet coke. A real feast around here! :-) we decided to have a movie night at the house tonight. Let's hope its better than the last one we watched, The Dead Girl. It was so strange. There were big name actors in it, but it completely sucked!

Tomorrow...my workshop on quality control. I will be glad to get that over with!

Peace. Love. Festivals.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Sarah, you crack me up. I enjoy your posts...they are a daily escape from my mundane days. Well, enjoy your final days and final meals =)

    peace.love.poo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. mundane! i don't know what she is talking about......well maybe.

    so you had street food galore and you ate tuna....?

    o spree
    cleaning up after thee
    and fireworks
    over the tree(s)

    peace.love.chat.

    ReplyDelete