Sunday, August 22, 2010

I'm taking it one meal at a time

Saturday!

We decided that we needed a beach weekend, so in the morning five of us set off for Brenu beach. We go to this beach pretty much every weekend, but tonight we are actually staying here in the houses. They are so cute, with brick walkways, seating on the porch over looking the ocean, big beds, and HOT water!

The ride here was an adventure, as there were five people plus Pepo in the car...who's tail ended up in my mouth at one point. Gah!

We got to the beach around lunch time, so we decided to sit and have something small to eat. Four hours later....we finally put our bags in the room. After we got settled in we sat on the porch and watched Pepo run around and chase after all the sheep. He needs some friends to play with.

For dinner we went to Ko-Sa hotel, where some people we knew were staying. The hotel is not far from Brenu, but we drove so that we didn't have to walk down the beach late at night. We had to drive through a pretty sketchy area to get there, so I was glad to have the car. Ko-Sa was so cool looking...maybe try to google it, because I loved it. There was a huge pavilion out near the beach where everyone sat for dinner, and there were books and games and really cute lanterns hanging all around. It would have been so fun to go with everyone earlier in the summer.

My dinner was kind of crappy. I ordered veggie curry, but it tasted like frozen veggies in a package sauce. No thank you. While eating dinner I decided that I really need to learn another language. Everyone at the table spoke at least 3....I am so NOT cool.

The drive back to the beach was funny, because we were all crammed into the car and Pepo was sleeping on top of half of us. We were the only car driving down the long dirt road and there was some crazy scottish music playing on the radio. It was like a scene out of a movie...it made me think of The Darjeling Limited.

I set a new sleep record and slept until 9 this morning! The room was freezing cold, and I had some very strange dreams, but it was so nice falling asleep and waking up to the sound of the ocean. I think I could have slept later, but I didn't want to miss breakfast :-). I got creative and mixed my nescafe with a little milo and had a "mocha" with my french toast and eggs. The sun was not out very much today, but it was perfect weather to sleep in a hammock on the beach! We all strung our hammocks between the coconut trees and took a nice long nap. At one point I watched a small boy climb all the way up one of the trees and cut off the coconuts. Then he just slid right back down. Impressive!

At one point we tried to go some yoga, but I was laughing so hard that nobody else could keep a serious face, so we all gave up. Oops.

I think that's about it for the weekend. Sorry I can't post any photos....I don't know what the issue is with this blog.

Peace. Love. Dog on lap.

1 comment:

  1. sheep eh?

    looks like a nice place.

    i expect a full picture show when you get home....jen will try not to fall asleep ;)

    peace.love.sheepdog.

    ReplyDelete