Thursday, August 19, 2010

You White Woman Rasta!

Thursday.

I feel like it was just Monday!
Random story for the day...a man tried to sell me a watch, and when I told him no, he called me a white woman rasta. I guess it was an insult?

Today was a successful day at the office. I started by working on my favorite spread sheet of samples. I am starting to think that it will never end! While I was looking at the products in the "still considering" category, I decided that I should get some things made for myself. (It was kind of like if you give a mouse a cookie...) I went to look at reject fabric and pulled out the catalog to see what I should have made. I decided on three dresses, two for my mom and one for me, and a polka dot cosmetic bag. Side note...my mother and I will now own matching dresses..cool right?

I must say, I am totally excited for the cosmetic bag! It is going to be cute. This is a major bonus of working in the Cape Coast office. I can have any item made in any fabric I want. One of a kind!

After I had placed my order I went back to work. The flow chart from yesterday was such a hit, that today we made a fair trade flow chart. Now it will be clear to all!

Later in the afternoon a stamp needed to be carved, but the stencil was somehow M.I.A. I found a scrap of fabric with the design on it, took a picture, and traced the design for a new stencil.....then the printer wouldn't work. Annoying! So I went back to the house to work on some patterning.

Tomorrow....I have a lot of folding to do.

Peace. Love. White Woman Rasta.

2 comments:

  1. please remind me to show you the pics of me and gram in matching outfits, there is one that is burned in my brain....and so begins my fashion handicap!! o dear, and yes, gram made the outfits. yellow, with a HUGE orange tulip "sticking out of the pocket" look. So the question is...will you and peggy really wear the outfit together, on the same day?!!
    I doubt it!!

    peace. love. flow charts!

    ReplyDelete