Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Oooooh Sorry-O!

Wednesday.
I should have stayed in bed today.

Actually I almost did, due to me sleeping through my alarm. I blame it on the industrial fan noise. Sometimes I just can not hear the alarm going off right next to my head. The fact that I was up half the night fighting off charlie horses may have had something to do with it as well. Basically, I had a bad nights sleep, to start off a bad (ok not horrible) day.

I woke up with anxiety when I realized that my alarm had been going off for 20 minutes. Then I noticed that my hair was not fully clean, so bad hair day...you know how that goes. And pretty much everyday in Ghana is a bad hair day, so for it to actually have an effect on my mood really says something.

Positive point: I didn't have to take a taxi to work.

When I got to work I sent out a few patterns to have samples made. Then I re patterned a sleeve, and sent that out as well. In between the patterns I had to send out a reminder call to two batikers who still had not come to pick up their stamps. But they finally came for them this afternoon.

I made a quick trip to the bank today, and on the way back to the office I got side tracked by a dress in a store window...that turned out to actually be fabric pinned to the dress form. There is only one shop in Cape Coast that can be compared to the stores in the US. Here it is considered to be high end apparel. They sell fabric and ready made items. This store is well lit,has a shiny tile floor, and wooden hangers. It was my little escape for 10 minutes today. There is nothing like the sound of wooden hangers as you look through the racks. Really, the sound soothes me. In fact it was so soothing that I ended up buying a shirt. It cost about the same price as a large drum, but it looked like something you would find in anthro, so I had to get it.

In the afternoon my frustrations started again. Samples came back and they were completely wrong. Wrong colors, wrong stamps, wrong layouts...you name it...all wrong. I think there was only one that was done the right way. I was super upset about it, but everyone told me that it was ok. It happens to everyone, because the women get a little wild sometimes. They tell you that they understand, but the they just do their own thing. I'm much calmer about it now, so I will end with that.

Oh, also I have to put together a workshop on quality control for all of the Global Mamas. It will be happening at the end of the month, so I have a lot to do before then.

Only one more full day of work until Axim!

Peace. Love. Leg Cramp.

5 comments:

  1. I googled the beach resort that you are going to and I looked at the p[hots, they had a pic of what looked like a buffet, and there it was.....an entire pig! eeww! looks like a very nice place. I love when these places tell you one of the ammenties is hot showers! Enjoy your weekend!

    peace. love. end of the work week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so many questions so little time....
    I want to know about when you went on the last trip and got hooked up with the mormons... how did you know they were mormons?
    and was there really 11,400 yards of fabric?
    that will make a lot of jelly rolls ; - )
    and if Axim Beach is really like it looks in the pics??
    wondering minds want to know!
    peace. love. fun weekends!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe you should eat a banana.


    Peace. Love. M.

    ReplyDelete
  4. pleace.love.wood is good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. why leg cramps? hopefully they shape up by your trip this weekend if you have to do any hiking like you did for the treehouses!

    love!

    P.S. Olive says she wants a doggie bow tie. :)

    ReplyDelete