Monday, August 23, 2010

RIP little mac

Monday.

Well my day started out with my computer taking a turn for the worst. I could not get it to hold a charge at all. I tried using multiple plugs, and I twisted and wiggled it around...NOTHING!

This is going to make for a very interesting 4 weeks. I mean, I have email and internet on my phone...but that's only going to do so much for me.

Luckily, I am working on the quality control workshop with another intern, so we were able to use her computer to put together our presentation this morning. We even included some group activities and a pop quiz. It should be interesting....

Around lunch time I set out to find a spice grinder, and I thought I had to go all the way to market to get the one I wanted. However, I found one right beyond wjere I pick up a taxi everyday. Lucky for me, I didn't need to walk all the way.

After coming back from my small shopping mission, I put the finishing touches on the presentation and ordered a few more garments that I wanted custom made. Then I went back to the house and patterned a skirt. We had an A line skirt a few years ago, but the waist band was fat and rather bulky, so I am going to try one with a very very thin band and an invisible side zipper.....we will see how that goes.

We got two more volunteers today. They got married a month ago, and for their honeymoon they biked across France. Now they are here for two years, and they seem pretty cool and really excited to work. It is nice having a lot of people in the house again, even though two will be leaving on Friday. It is always changing around here.

Tomorrow will be interesting....I think I will try my computer one more time, and then I might literally drop it out of the plane on the way home.

Peace. Love. Electronic suicide.

2 comments:

  1. it was a good little mac. you've have had that one for a while. what are all your pictures on?

    i've decided that i should only plan on electronics lasting as long as their warrantee. if i buy an ipod i should only expect it to last as long at the 2 or 3 year warrantee...like i'm leasing...

    peace.love.electrons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a honeymoon! are they working for GM's the whole two years?

    love!

    ReplyDelete