Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Fish guts on the door

Wednesday.

I had to take a taxi to work this morning, and as soon as I sat down in the back seat I was smacked in the face with the smell of fish. I held my breath and rolled the window all the way down, at which point I noticed there were fish guts on the door. The smell was so overwhelming that I think I held my breath the entire way to the office. Then, we stopped to pick up another passenger, so I had to move over to the middle seat. The woman got in and rolled up the window! Good lord! I almost lost my breakfast!

We got to the office, and just as I set my computer up...the power went out. We sat around for awhile to see if it would come back on, and I took a look at a few samples. We were then informed that the power would be off until 4;00, so we went home.

Back at the house there was also no power, so I went over to the hotel to work. Around lunch time we decided to splurge and get food from the hotel. We sat out on the patio overlooking the ocean. I had an iced coffee and chicken kabobs. Delicious!

After lunch I worked on the quality control workshop, and made a production flow chart. The flow chart was one of those things that was an after thought....like ohhh it would be nice to have this for a visual. After the chart was made my computer decided to really give up on life. No matter how I wiggled the plug it would not charge at all. That might be the number one thing that I will NOT miss! Gah!!!

Today I went over to Judys house to see a few items that she does not sell in her shop. Of course I ended up getting a few necklaces and a mud cloth bag. Other than more fabric and a drum cover, I think my shopping is almost done!

Peace. Love. Mud cloth.

3 comments:

  1. fish guts?!! i would have had to find another ride!! and lack of power and internet bugs you?!! eeewww... how sweet that you now are going to judys house to shop! now that is power shopping at its best, good job! i bet your mom is going to have fun going thru all the new fabrics with you. what is a mud cloth bag?

    peace. love. endless hot showers soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh Sarah - this transportation thing in Africa just keeps sounding worse and worse!! But way to plow through! You're almost done and then its back to the Sable! :)

    love!

    ReplyDelete