Thursday, August 26, 2010

So...what are we doing this weekend? Beach...or beach?

Thursday.

You would think that after living in Michigan my entire life, I would know to never trust the weather. This morning when I woke up it was cool and raining. I put on a skirt and a long sleeve shirt, and proceeded to work. A few hours later I stepped outside and was hit in the face with extreme heat! I just can't win.

I went to the office this morning, mainly because it was two of the interns last days. I wanted to say goodbye to them, so I split my day into half office, and half house. While at the office, I worked on our digital sample library, answered some emails from a student doing a report, and made a to-do list from the feedback we received this week.

There is a complete toilet paper crisis at the office. For some reason...the office is going through toilet paper at an alarming rate. The solution...leave the kids at home, no more dropping them off at the pool when you go to work. For those of you who know what that means...yes, they use that phrase all the time in the office, even asking age and number of children. For those of you who do not know what that means..just forget it.

After we said goodbye to the girls, I packed up my things and went back to the house to do some pattern adjustments. First I had to sit in a taxi for 30 minutes. So annoying, but I guess 30 minutes isn't too bad for mid afternoon.

On the way back to the house I stopped at One Stone to see Judy and the boys. She had some new cloth set up at her shop and it looked really nice. I stopped to chat with her for a little, but then I went to the house to get my work done. I think that is something I really struggle with here. The people love to just sit and talk, but when I am at work, or when I have work to do, I feel bad taking time away from my job. Oy.

I worked until 6:30 today, because I took a small break in the afternoon for a shower. Finally. Then at dinner Pepo drooled all over me, and the clean feeling was gone. I guess its partially my fault, as I was feeding him my banku. :-)

Peace. Love. Dogs that eat banku.

4 comments:

  1. ages and how many...why didn't i think of that!!!!!!!

    peace.love.functions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What?I I guess I should just forget about it!


    Peace Love. What? I M.

    ReplyDelete
  3. peace.love.take your chocolates to the powder room.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have no clue! but now mike has me wondering...eeww. how many days left?

    peace. love. beaches!

    ReplyDelete