Monday, August 2, 2010

I'll take a coffee now

The weekend + Monday.

This weekend was nice and lazy, just as I had hoped. Saturday was a bittersweet day, because the remaining interns headed back to the United States. The house is so quite now, but so far it has not been too bad. Then again...it has only been two days.

Saturday I just hung around the house and read all day. Two more books can be checked off my list. Katie, I will tell you all the books at some point :-). Sunday I went to the pool almost as soon as I woke up. Then Maria called and asked if I wanted to go to the beach, which of course I did! So we went to the beach for the afternoon. I did a little more reading while I was there, but in the end I just sort of zoned out and watched the waves crashing onto the shore.

This morning we were all a little late heading into the office, because of a flat tire. That would explain why Marias car has been acting a little strange. Once the tire was changes the car drove like new. Because the car is in such good working order, we decided to plan a little vacation this weekend. We are going to go to Axim beach resort. Google it...its nice!

I got right to work at the office this morning because I am now doing the work of 10. First thing on my list was to send out samples for batik prints. We finally got cloth this weekend, 11400 yards to be exact! Getting all of the sample request slips took longer than I thought, but eventually I had everything done in an organized way.

In the afternoon the batikers started to come in for theor samples. It gets crazy in the office when its sample time. Its nice to have the time go by so quickly though. In between samples, I took photos of garment samples that came in, and I fixed a bag pattern. We have little bags that hold a passport, but the zipper was being put in wrong, and there was not enough room to even fit your hand.

I think that's pretty much my day. I have been trying to post some photos, but something is wrong with my computer or the blog site because I can no longer find the spot to upload. So annoying.

Peace. Love. Had a good Monday.

2 comments:

  1. thanks for the shout out. everytime I see that you've finished ANOTHER book, I ask myself, "which one?". So then I ask you. Anyway, you've read a lot! which is awesome. :)

    hope the rest of your week is superb!

    love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your internship sounds great- i'm jealous!

    ReplyDelete