Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Me caga en tu padre!

Tuesday.

My morning started out with a bit of comedy. I was sitting on the couch in the living room, reading my book and eating my bread with jam...when suddenly there was a lot of shouting in Spanish. Pepo went running past...then Pepa went running after him. Then Pepo went back the other way, and Pepa was right behind. The next time the two passed, a chicken was hanging out of Pepos mouth. Maria had to pull the chicken out of Pepos mouth. She said as she watched it land in the yard it was like slow motion. Poor pepo, he just wants to play.

It was interesting in the office this morning without my computer..my backpack was light, I didn't have to wiggle any plugs around...it was actually rather stress free. Except for the fact I had to use the old old old computer in the office that I had to restart 3 times.

Jennifer, one of the batikers came in to the office this morning and gave is all kettle corn. She seriously makes it the best! I am even willing to say that it is better than the farmers market! Sooo good. If I had a diet coke, it would have been a perfect moment.

We picked sample fabrics for products today and it was so overwhelming. There is so much fabric to choose from and it is just so hard to tell what it will look best on.

After work we went out to dinner for one of the girls last nights. We went to a resort that is about 20 minutes outside of Cape Coast. First we were late leaving the office, then we couldn't find Xavi, then we finally got hold of him and he couldn't tell us where he was. So we drove the car down to market to look for him. Maria got out to find him, then we saw him coming so Angelina got out to find Maria....however Maria was only across the street and had actually watched Angelina get out of the car and walk the other way. It was a complete mess. Finally we had everyone in the car.

Maria decided that because we were that far into town that we would stop at the pharmacy to get some things for Pepo. We ended up driving even further into market and we parked the car in the middle of the road. Of course street vendors came right up to the window, and when Angelina was offered movies she told the man that we all hate movies. Apparently he believed her and kept going.

Finally we found our way to the main road and eventually made it to the restaurant. It was so cool! We sat outside and the moon was so bright that we could see all of the fishing boats out on the sea. I had grilled lobster, mashed potatoes and a crepe. It is probably a good thing I didn't know about this food sooner. It was so good!

The drive back to the house was a lot easier, mainly because we were already on the main road, but it is not fun driving at night. It is like everybody drives with their brights on!

Tomorrow I was going to give a workshop, however the seamstresses told us today that they would all be attending a different workshop all week. SOoooooo we decided that we will hold ours next week. The good news is that tomorrow I am going to do another batik workshop! I figured I should try to fit one more in before I go home.

Peace. Love. Lobster.

3 comments:

  1. its not every day that the dog runs though the house with a chicken in its mouth.

    peace.love.savor the moments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank god is is not everyday that the dog runs through the house with a chicken!! But I am glad it gave u a fun morning, and even more glad that YOU did not have to remove the chicken from pepos mouth!! Your dinner and the scenery sounds wonderful! Hope you have many more of those before you leave there. Good luck with your workshop next week, I am sure you will make it fun for everyone!

    peace. love. lightweight backpacks!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can be sure there will be no chickens or dogs running through this house!!!!!!


    Peace. Love. Animal free home. M

    ReplyDelete