Tuesday, August 3, 2010

PURE WATA!

Tuesday.

Today was odd.

This morning ants carried a dead cockroach across the floor of the house. Seriously. Also, the ants found my bag of hard candy. I guess I should have eaten it right away, but I was trying to ration my treats out. So depressing.

I had to take a taxi today, and we almost hit a man on a bike. And there was some hair stuck to my bag (I shed A LOT) and some of it blew off and got stuck to the taxi drivers hand. I was laughing so hard! Then on the way home I cut my toe open when I was getting out of the taxi.

I went into the office for the morning today. There were still some women who did not come for their sample orders, so I wanted to be there to explain colors. While I was waiting for the Mamas to come, I started to organize the stamp library. I had a malfunctioning binder that would not let me flip pages, and I had a four ring binder with three hole page protectors. Its small things like that, that make me nuts. Really flippin' nuts!

After lunch I went back to the house to work on patterns. On my way to the taxi I ran into my favorite rasta aka Ras-T. He was so excited to see me, and told me that he thought I flew back. I told him that I thought he quit driving taxis because I had not seen him in weeks. Then we did a handshake with a solid snap at the end. There are different handshakes in Ghana, and my favorite is when you shake hands, and then use your middle finger to snap with their middle finger. It took me a few times to get it right, but I am pretty good at it now.

On the drive home a man tried to sell me some green grapes from his car. Then I was drinking my water bag, and when I went to put the empty pouch into my backpack, the man sitting next to me grabbed it and threw it out the window! I just turned to him with wide eyes and an open mouth, and he laughed it off.

Once I made it back to the house, I re-patterned a skirt, and fixed a dress, and a dog bow tie. Its going to be cute! I actually enjoyed my time patterning today. I had good music, and "coffee" and a quiet house.

I am still trying to figure out why I can not post photos..

Peace. Love. Cape Coast smelled bad today.

4 comments:

  1. Gross!!

    Peace. Love.M.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 4 ring binders, three hole dividers.....
    better the ants carrying away cockroaches then them running about.



    peace.love.snap.

    ReplyDelete
  3. o my goodeness......wha the heck??!! solid sanp? ok show me when u get home...buschs now sells bags of water..have not bought one but i think of you everytime i see them! fruit theives can not be tolerated, and i cant imagine doing the work of ten! you will do a great job, you are amazing....take a deep breath. proud of you!

    peace. love. september.

    ReplyDelete
  4. isn't that the same snap that your brother used to do? back in youth group days? it's funny that they have different hand shakes/snaps in Ghana. I liked that. :)

    love!

    ReplyDelete