Friday, August 13, 2010

TGIF

Friday.
This week went by fast!

Congrats to those of you that knew my last title was from FRIENDS. The rest of you really need to catch up on your trivia. Also congrats to little Olive V for getting a Global Mamas stocking! And yes I know the women who made it. Eli-Emma are very talented batikers, and are two of the original Mamas.

Today a trotro came to the house to pick up Marias bike and take it to Accra. He came at 7:30, so I jumped in and got a free ride to the office. It must have been quite a site to see with me in the front seat and a motor bike in the back.

The work day went by pretty fast today. I was trying to get a spreadsheet in order of the new samples and by the time I re sized all of the photos and put them in, my day was pretty much over! We also tried to figure out fabric combos for a shirt that has three panels on it. Let me tell you...these are going to be some wild skirts! Woah.

In between the fabric choosing and the photo reducing I had my new favorite snack. For less than 10 cents I can get little squares of coconut cake. It is a little on the hard side, but I like to use it as biscotti. Mmmm so good. Also, I received my packages today (thank you Pegs). Do you want to guess what was in them? More Clinique bags! Thankfully that is the last of them! And yes mom, I gave one to Eli tonight.

In the afternoon some people came from an African Trade association, so I got to say a few words to them. Luckly it was only a few words, and then Maria spent the rest of the day with them. I snuck out a little early to go hang out at One Stone (aka my drum guy and jewelry lady) on the way I ran into Ras-T. Once again he was excited to see me, and this time tried to get me to date him. I told him if he keeps tries a line like that again we won't be friends!

While at One Stone I watched a drum being made right before my eyes. Animal skins were laying all around, and fur was sticking up around the drums. Then Judy (jewelry Judy) bought me two oranges. I can hear my family laughing at that one. For those of you who don't really know me....I hate fruit. It is the most disgusting thing ever. I have been this way all my life, and I get along just fine. However, today I found myself in a sticky situation. The oranges were bought for me, kind of like a gift, so I had to eat them. Well...I decided to just suck on them to get the juice out. This method seemed to please Judy, and I got a little dose of vitamin C. I guess it was a win win situation. Then I bought two more necklaces, and placed my request for dark wood on my stool/table that I am praying will fit in my bag. Again, she gave me way too good of a deal. I hung out at the shop for a while, and we talked about eating duck and chicken. Judy told me that she loves to eat duck, but hates chicken because "they jump and shit all over the place" and also because "they eat anything and everything." Valid points.

My plans for tomorrow are still up in the air. I may or may not go to the beach....I will let the weather determine that in the morning.

Peace. Love. Chicken Sh*it.

3 comments:

  1. here is another valid point about food...my sister in-law Nicole, you know her, she will not eat any seafood because they swim in their own sh*t!! If we think about this stuff too much we will be eating only fruits,(haha) and veggies! But always wash them cuz you dont know what they were sprayed with! Too much to think about, just eat drink and be merry! Have fun shopping! Are you gonna need to buy an extra bag to bring stuff home in?!!

    peace. love. classic sitcoms!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thats fun that you got to watch some drummaking. it probably doesn't surprise you that i find that interesting.

    may i recommend packing and weighing your stuff sometime before the day you leave...... i didn't do that and had to run out an buy another bag my last day.



    peace.love.luggage

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh sarah, you're too funny. this post made me laugh!

    Miss you. love you. can't wait for September!

    ReplyDelete