Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Rain and Rock Cakes

Wednesday.
It rained all day long.

When I woke up to the sound of rain this morning I was glad I had a reason to stay in the house. As it turned out, Maria and Heather also decided to stay in the house, and work from home. We spent the first three hours and fifteen minutes of the say folding dresses, and fitting them into their plastic bags for shipping. About mid morning we decided that warm fresh out of the oven rock cakes would be perfect on this rainy day.

We called Eli, and she said that she would gladly make them for us. About an hour later we got the call that the rock cakes were done. It was still pouring rain, but that was not going to stop us. We all walked over (even Pepo) to get the warm rock cakes. I was soaking wet, but they were so worth it! Yummm

In the afternoon we worked on a few different things, and talked about possible color and print options for current products. I am in love with one of the stamps, and I would suggest it for everything! :-)

At the end of the day I made a big decision. Well....I didn't just make it, as I have been thinking about it for at least a month now. I was offered a full time position here at the Cape Coast office, but I have decided to turn it down. It was a hard decision, and for a while I will probably question if it was the right choice or not...but in the end I just had a feeling that I would not be happy here, and that wouldn't be fair to myself or the company. So, I will be back in the US as scheduled in September...

Peace. Love. 39 Days.

5 comments:

  1. I am sure it was a hard decision, but everything will work out. You have so many talents, I am confident you will find a job here, in the US, and you can have a warm shower every single day! Two a day if you want!! See you in September!

    peace. love. 2 days til weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. congratulations on making this big decision! I know it has been weighing on your mind for quite some time now, and I'm glad that you've finally gotten a pull in the direction you should go.

    and, of course, we'll all LOVE to have you back earlier than later. :)

    love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah for the decision being made. From reading recent posts we thought you may make a decision in that direction. We will be glad to have you back as well!

    Enjoy the rest of your time, it will probably fly by now that the end is in sight.

    peace.love.decision making!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY!!!! This is the best news I have heard in well……. a long time. I won't be in the US in September, but at least I'll be back beginning of October. Ahhh….I'm soooo excited!! miss you girl and glad you can have some ease of mind for the next few weeks! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  5. yea... you don't want to leave on a bad note.

    i don't know if its what you are going though but they say that the 3rd stage of culture shock is getting frustrated with the society and how things work there before you just kinda get used to it and accept it..... maybe your starting to get there....i don't think leaving a place at that state is a great idea.



    on a lesser note mtp got like 4inches of rain in 2.5 hours last night. i have never seen it rain so hard for so long.


    peace.love.see you soon.

    ReplyDelete