Thursday, August 12, 2010

Thursady...the third day

Name what this blog title is from...I know at least two of you will get it.

Today started out pretty rainy, but it ended up being pretty nice. Maria overslept, so I took a taxi to work this morning. No babies to hold in the front seat with me, but there were two in the back. The ride ended up being less expensive because they finally fixed the bridge. Now the drive to work is all ocean view. No complaints there.

At work I printed out a stencil for a new stamp, and photographed more samples coming in. Then I did more folding for the shipment that is going out in the morning. Ohhhh how I miss the other interns and the extra folding hands. I was slightly frustrated with some batik samples this morning, so I hope the ones I sent out today will be better. I have learned that unless someone is there with the women when they are stamping (like we did earlier in the summer) then there is no way to guarantee the right color and patterns. I got a few electrical shocks today, and there were a TON of tiny spiders on my bag. I did the only thing I could think of, and sprayed antibacterial spray all over it. Then I walked away. Yuck!

I took a real lunch break today and actually left the office for an hour. I needed to get a few grocery items, then I made a few stops to buy a tunic and a print. I have decided that because I only have 38 days left, I need to get my shop on! After work I stopped to see my drum guy...yes Michael, I have a drum guy. I was asking about a small drum that my brother would like, and while looking at the drums I also found some jewelry. I think I am going to try to buy a small table/bench from his shop also. Right now its a light wood, but they told me that they could make it darker :-) just the way I like it...right dad? Basically I plan of pretty much buying his entire shop over the next few weeks.

Maria and I are thinking of trying the beach again this weekend. We heard about Cape Three Points, and decided that if the weather is nice we should give it a try. I think there is even a lighthouse there! It will be just like Michigan. It should be noted that I HATE lighthouses. I was traumatized as a child while on a family vacation, and I just can't seem to get over it.

Tomorrow will be another busy day while I try to get all of the samples in order to send photos to the US. I would normally do this as they come in, but due to the crappiness of my computer I try to only upload the photos one time. Therefore...more work at once.

Peace. Love. Shopping.

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like you need gradual exposure to lighthouses to get over your fear. How about just looking at one on the way to a fabric store that has 8,000 bolts?

    Enjoy the rest of your stay, but I am glad you are coming home in September!

    Peace. Love. Lighthouses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. we are going to see third day in september --- did i get it right? just wanted to tell you that i bought olive a Christmas stocking in Chelsea, MI at Mission Market from Global Mamas. it's dark green with blue paw prints on it. it says it is handmade by Eli-Emma & Kakra --- do you know them?? always a chance. glad you are coming home soon - miss you. we need you here for all the holiday family get-togethers!!!

    love you,
    aj

    ReplyDelete
  3. hhhmmm....joey from friends?

    ReplyDelete
  4. beware of light houses.

    nice your african drum guy. kinda like i have a tea lady for the coffee house stuff at church.


    my advice is, YES SHOP NOW! you don't want to do it your last week there you will have too much other stuff to figure out.

    peace.love.talking drum

    ReplyDelete
  5. thursday the third day! LOVE it!
    i'm actually watching "the one where heckles dies" right now!
    and

    ...spiders, ew. i've had to learn to kill them, now that i'm living alone.
    and i HATE it!

    peace.love.friends : )

    ReplyDelete