Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Excuse me....is that Polo on your head?

Tuesday.

I decided to hit snooze a few times this morning. It worked out in my favor because by the time I got up, Maria was about to make real coffee and offered me a cup. Ohhhh the joy of REAL coffee! The smell of it brewing just made me excited to go home.

Pepo was being a little hyper this morning, and I grabbed onto his collar to keep him away from something and he tried to slip out of it. I did not want the collar to come off, so I let go while he was mid wiggle. It snapped back onto him and it got stuck on his face, trapping his ear like a pirate eye patch. It was so funny! We were all cracking up, and he has never looked so confused. Finally we got it off, and he proceeded to hide under the ping pong table.

The first part of the day I had a little energy from my coffee, but that quickly ended. I worked on spec packets all day at the office. I would just draw, and measure all day long. This will take awhile because I would like to have an up to date pack for every item that is going to be used in 2011.

At lunch I took a break and went to the bank.....which just happens to be down the street from the fabric store. I got my money, started walking back, and then thought...hmmmmm, pocket full of money...store full of fabric. It didn't take me long to decided what needed to be done at that point! I turned right back around and went to the fabric store. I stared with six different prints today. I think I will go back every week and get a few more each time. The only negative (or maybe its a positive) is that the minimum cut is 1 yard. So that means today I got 6 yards! :-) We will share it all, ok mom?

We had a small small button hole crisis today, but I think it has been solved. We had to be very serious about it to let quality control know that it was a big deal. However, right after we had the talk with them Thriller came on the radio and Maria and I did the dance. We got one worker to join in with us, but quality control is a tough crowd. Geeze, they can sleep on the couches at lunch, but a little Thriller dance is totally out of the question. I stayed an hour late at work today still doing spec packs, but I was in the groove so it was ok.

Tomorrow we get a new volunteer!

Peace. Love. Cotton.

3 comments:

  1. So funny.


    Peace. Love. There's nothing like a trip to the fabric store. M.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Regarding comment #1: Oh, yeah!!!!

    Peace. Love. Fabric shopping tomorrow??

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are gonna have a lot of stuff to bring home.

    peace.love.packing.

    ReplyDelete