Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Give me your bracelet

Wednesday.
Rastas don't drum.

This morning was the batik workshop. I requested to do it at Eli-Emmas, strictly because I wanted to batik with an ocean view. Tim and Lydia, Xavi, Abrmia and myself all took the class together. My batik is so funny. I did a tiny little elephant that says Ghana, with a flower that looks like a clover. I was a lot better at stamping this time! I finally had the right amount of pressure. Actually, everybodys batiks turned out really nice! I was quite impressed. I wish I could just experiment with batik stamping all day long. Hmmmmm I think I should go to Bali/Java to see how it is all really done! :-)

After the workshop I got trapped on Rasta Row. You have to walk along that road, and one of the girls wanted to stop into a shop. We played some random instruments, and the Rasta made up a song. It was an interesting half hour of my life. But as I was sitting there, I was looking at his dreads, and he had really cool beaded bands in them, rather than a fat bead. I am going to hunt one down to put in my brothers hair. It just seems essential if you had dreads.

When we got back to the office my custom made apron and makeup bags were finished. They are so cute! I am still waiting on my yoga bag :-) Maria and I worked on sample feedback, and we sent out a ton of samples to be made! It is going to be complete madness the next three weeks! So many samples, so little time.

At 4:00, Angelina and I gave the quality control team our presentation. We told them that we needed to practice, and due to the fact they are QC...it only seemed right that they listen. I was not at all in the mood to give a presentation, but once I stood in front of the full room, I had plenty of energy. The presentation went over really well. At the end we did a little exercise to see if they were measuring products consistently, and to our (happy) surprise...they were! When I announced that they were doing it the right way they were so excited. At the end of the "workshop" we asked for feedback, and we got some really good suggestions. Everyone had good ideas on issues to bring up, and concerns they have. I'm glad we were able to go over the presentation with the workers, and that they had such a positive response.

I took a taxi home, and actually had time to sit and relax before dinner. Tonight we got to see the new baby kittens! They are 1 month old, and so sweet and tiny. I am a complete cat hater, but these little kittens were just too cute with their big round eyes!

Tomorrow....more samples.
And maybe a shower?

Peace. Love. Kittens inspired by kittens.

5 comments:

  1. Bali/Java? hhhmmmm...

    peace. love. dread beads.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And there will be no kittens!!! Bali : { I didn't know how to make that other thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...i want pie...i want beef jerky...

    ...we are eating pepper and chips...

    ...i have to go potty...

    peace. love. look down at his feet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are so good at giving presentations. i love that about you. :)

    and I agree with you...kittens are cute. cats are bad.

    and I'm going to have to make a big fat NO vote for bali/java. I want you home for your birthday next year. :)

    love!

    ReplyDelete