Thursday, August 5, 2010

Butt bite

Thursday.
Pepo bit my butt.

I declared today a work from home day. I woke up at 4:30 this morning and I could not fall back asleep. I was feeling mentally crappy, and I knew that I would not get much done at the office. So, I made some tea, and listened to my new cd (from a volunteer) and I ended up getting so much done today.

I spent the morning patterning, and the afternoon was spent on the balcony doing illustrations for the spec sheets I will be implementing before the end of the month. At five o'clock I finally decided to shower and change out of my pajamas. I also made the discovery that 5:00 is a good time to shower, because the sun heats the water and you almost get a warm shower. It was nice, because I was really cold today.

After I was clean I went over to the hotel to send a few emails. As I was walking over, two buses of white people drove by. I seriously felt like a wild animal because they all just stared out the window at me. It must have been my cool Global Mamas hoodie that caught their attention....

Today Appiah asked me if I had a baby. I said no...do I look like it? After a few rounds of questioning I realized that he was referring to a photo I have in my room, where I am holing a baby. For a minute there I thought that my weight gain was more than I thought.

Because this post is uneventful, and I will not be blogging all weekend I will answer a few questions!

Katie...here is my reading list:
The year of living like Jesus
The case for christ
Irresistible revolution
Made from scratch
Something Borrowed
Something blue
Baby proof
Murder on the orient express
A dirty job
Water for elephants
Sidhartha
And currently..
The miracle life of edgar mint
Along came a spider
And..Bill Brysons African diary.
I hope to finish those last three this weekend!

I knew that the people I was traveling with were Mormon because of the college they go to in Utah, and because they were talking about how they can not meet with the Muslims, but they can give them a pamphlet on being Mormon.

Yes, there really is 11,400 yards of fabric in the office right now. All just waiting to be batiked.

And....I will have to let you know about Axim after this weekend.

Peace. Love. Sunny days.

2 comments:

  1. nice book list. i read sidartha for my world religions class many moons ago. any luck on david livingstone?


    peace.love.watch your butt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting that the mormons cannot meet the muslims but can give them a pamphlet. hhmm. How can you read three differnt books at once??!! I would get so confused! Have a good weekend at the beach.

    peace. love. warm showers.

    ReplyDelete