Wednesday, September 1, 2010

ALIAS

Wednesday.

We are hooked on season 1 of Alias. We found some speakers in Marias room, and hooked them up to Tim and Lydias computer....it is a nice set up. So every night we are going to watch another episode. And we can have proper movie nights!

We all went into work an hour late this morning, because we were doing some folding at the house. Tunics are so simple to pack compared to wrap dresses! Too bad I am waiting on 100 dresses to come in still.....that's a lot of flippin' and folding.

At 10:00 I had my workshop on quality control. About 30 women came to it, and we were not in the best room for a workshop, but we made do. Now I would like to give you a better idea of what this workshop looked like. In the United states, I would have worn something along the lines of...cropped black trousers, peep toes, a black cami and my favorite gray jacket. I would have my hair, nails and make up done as well. Today...I threw my dirty (4 days) hair into a pile on top of my head, threw on a dress I have already worn once this week, put my sandals on that are literally falling apart...and called it good. In the US, I would have my computer hooked up to a visualizer, with a large screen for all to see. Today...I borrowered some ones computer and had Lydia hold it for the women to see. And finally, in the United States, if a women whipped her breast out to feed a baby in the middle of my presentation, I would probably tell her to get a room. Here...I just made eye contact with someone else. Awkward.

So I gave the presentation, and asked if there were any questions or comments. They said no, so we moved onto the next order of business. Then, a comment apparently came to one of the women...something about how the batikers need to iron the cloth, and suddenly all hell broke loose. I felt like I was in a Tyler Perry film. So I am standing in front of a room full of women, yelling in a language I don't understand. Finally it all calmed down, and they went home.

In the afternoon I had to pick up some papers from immigration, because my visa extension runs out three days before I come home. Great...then I worked on some specs for a little while. The office is high stress because we have a shipment next week and it does not look like we are going to make it. Bad.

After dinner we played one round of KISMET (another game we should have for family gatherings) and then we watched another episode of Alias.

Tomorrow....I'm going back to the village to work with the women on a dog leash. It should be interesting.

Peace. Love. Indecent Exposure.

No comments:

Post a Comment