Monday, August 30, 2010

Did you just throw a chicken carcas out the window?

Monday.

We all went into the office later this morning, because we spent the frist two hours of the work day folding for the coming shipment. I seems like every time I turn around there is folding that needs to be done. Luckily, between the five of us, we knocked it out. My back is still hurting from it. We really need a higher table.

When I got to the office I had a bit more to fold, and then I had to count the items.....I still need 100 more dresses. That's a lot of folding! Once I finished with that, I started doing measurements for final specs, so that my replacement will know what all measurements should be. Hopefully they will really push consistent measurements this year.

After lunch I worked on making a tassel out of scraps to use for a necklace. It was quite a challenge not using sharp scissors. I think I have to go back to the village this week to work with the women on dog leashes, and scrap necklaces. Samples were trickling in all afternoon, so at 4:00 I finally took photos of them. Then I had to load them onto one of the office computers and pull them onto my flash drive, so that I can use Marias computer for a master spread sheet. With my computer being dead....my progress is greatly slowed. It is so annoying!

The excitement in the office today was when we married Xavi off to Suzzy. He clearly had no say in the matter, and due to multiple language barriers, he still may be confused. We all decided the wedding should be in Spain, and Suzzy said that I can be the Maid of Honor....and you all know that I LOVE being MOH in weddings, so of course I will accept the position!

After work we had to stop at the pharmacy to get Pepo some medicine. Just what I need...a sick dog while I am dog sitting. Grrrrreat. I am going to teach him to be a respectable pup while I am in charge for the next two weeks. When we pulled up to the pharmacy, there were a lot of cars in the road....so we did the Ghanaian thing, and just parked off to the side. I swear, not a second later all of the cars pulled away, and then we were the ones sitting in the middle of the road looking like jerks. Tim could not handle this, so he jumped into the drivers seat, and moved the car to a proper parking space.

As I was just taking my malaria pill before bed, I found a rather large cockroach crawling on my lotion bottle. Seeing that my two options were...kill it, or ignore it....I decided to ignore it. The thought of having to smash it and hear it crunch is far more disturbing to me, than letting it crawl about. Let's hope he leaves me alone.

Peace. Love. New roommate.

3 comments:

  1. What about the chicken?

    Peace. Love. Chicken Stories. M.

    ReplyDelete
  2. embracing living with roaches.....you may have entered into the last phase of culture shock where you just accept how it is.


    peace.love.crunch.....

    you may want to do a little cleaning if you have roaches...that can help

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooooo..only a brother and sister can get away with comments like that!! smarty pants!! but i am sure he is missing you a ton! his comments say it everyday...in a bro/mike way! we all miss you ad cant wait to see you! a wedding?! did i miss something? huh?

    peace. love. a break from shopping?

    peace. love.

    ReplyDelete