Friday, July 30, 2010

T.G.I.F.

Friday.
I'm so sleepy.

I woke up this morning at a more normal time. Made my coffee, Did a little reading in bed. Typical 5:30 a,m. behavior.

It is the interns last day today, so most of them did not work. It is NOT my last day, so I had to come into the office and do everybody's work. I took a taxi this morning, and it was a fairly uneventful trip, until the very end when we went to pay and he told us that he did not have any change. Pain in my you know what. I think i mumbled something about how he shouldn't pick anybody up unless he has change. Between the four of us in the taxi we managed to find exact change, but it was definitely an annoying way to start the morning.

Today went by so slow. It is cold and cloudy outside, so all I really wanted to do was drink coffee and read. I think the entire office felt the same way, because we all were dragging a little bit. We are FINALLY getting more fabric this weekend, so we can send out more samples. I spent the better part of my day making adjustments to stamps, printing them out, and tracing them onto the foam. It was my goal to get all stamps on foam, so that Monday morning we can call the women to come in and have them test a few more samples.

Between stamping, we had a marketing meeting about one of the websites we have. It needs a lot of help. That is one problem when you are working with a company that is so small. You have to depend on volunteers to do things like web design, which is really a fully time job. We also had a meeting about quilting. We are trying to get some batik fabrics out into the wonderful world of quilters, but it is a bit of a challenge figuring out what prints and colors to sell together in a set. One of the girls rolled some of the fabric into a "jelly roll" and it looks SO cute. I don't know much about quilting, but it looks like the "jelly rolls" that my mom buys, so I think we are off to a good start.

I think I am going to be frazzled now that I am the only one on the design team. Oy, that's a lot of pressure.

I will try to do something exciting this weekend, so that I have something to write about. Also, I will try to post some photos :-)

peace. love. I'm cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment