Wednesday, September 15, 2010

The Final Four

Wednesday.

Next week on this day I will be at quilting....right ladies?
I have so much fabric that I need to start sewing something.

We have not had internet at work all week. Its so annoying. Lucky for me, I am just wrapping things up and trying to get everything in order for the next designer that is coming in. And I am staying quite buys with the yards and yards of sample fabric coming back.

At lunch I did my final fabric shopping. I went to three different streets and got 9 more yards....oh the joy of stacked up cloth. Then I went and got my last egg sandwich. It was delicious.

We had to take a few items back to the house today, a large box of soap and t-roll aka toilet paper. Tim thought it would be a good idea to carry it on his head like a true Ghanaian. So, ten minutes before we left the office we all got a lesson on carrying items on your head. I hold the record of 20 rolls of toilet paper...no hands..walked around the office, and bent down to pick up my backpack and then put it on. What can I say...I'm so Ghanaian. So, on the way to the taxi Tim put the box on his head, and held it with one hand. The people on the streets thought this was hysterical.

Today I thought of something I should have been posting all summer. A daily "I spy" of things I see in the gutter. Today...a dog licking a fish head.

And now, four of my favorite foods in Ghana

1. Yam balls and egg stew
2. Rockies
3. Palava
4. Egg sandwiches. Think of an omelet in a grilled cheese. Ahhhh!

Peace. Love. Four.

5 comments:

  1. last day of fabric shopping.....can we place bets if you will end up buying more before you leave?


    peace.love.books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "oh the joy of stacked up cloth" You have a great attitude unusual in a person your age! Keep up the good work!

    We are looking forward to seeing you on Wednesday!

    Peace. Love. Fabric stash.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a feeling not much quilting will really happen on wednesday, i think it will be more of looking through all your new fun fabrics and visiting! I also have to agree with mike, there may be a chance another yard or two will be purchased, be real, you have a few more days!! Lastly...PLEASE PLEASE tell us you have photos of the t.p. on your head!!!!! That reminded me of some of your first pics, with the person with the water on their head and I asked if you could do that!

    peace. love. i spy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. peace. love. i can't wait to have you home!

    ReplyDelete