Wednesday, July 21, 2010

T.G.I.W.

Wednesday.

I had a day of no taxis! It was amazing! Maria drove me to and from work. Oh the joy of stress free travel.

The other day I went to Shell to buy a FanIce....ok, let me be honest....it was 4 FanIce, but that isn't the point. I bought one that I thought was frozen orange juice. This morning I decided that I would have my frozen orange juice with my breakfast, so I bit the corner off ready for oj, but instead I got a pineapple ice lolly. Oy. It was still amazing, but just not what I wanted at 7:00 in the morning.

Our day was pretty much the same as yesterday. We were on a mission to get as many samples back as we could, photograph them, comment on them and then send them off for other comments.

I don't think that I have any good stories from the day, because I was sitting at my computer most of the time. At lunch I broke down and got a diet coke with my egg sandwich. It was the best lunch ever! I even took the time to sit down and enjoy it at the spot where it was made.

Also, the shorts that I purchased yesterday are not Global Mamas, but they are made by one of the Global Mamas. Sabina has a shop that is right down the street from the office, and she is one of the nicest women in the entire world. She is so sweet and puts EVERYONE before herself. She has a really interesting story, but I think I will share that with you at a later date.

Tonight we are having a goodbye dinner for some of the volunteers who are leaving this weekend. Next weekend the rest will go, and then there will just be three of us. It is going to be so so so so quite around the house!

Today is like a Friday for me, because I am taking the next five days to travel north. I would not expect any blogs from me, because I do not know what cell coverage is like in small villages, but I will bring my phone along just in case I can update you on my adventures, because I am sure it will be an adventure!

Five of us are going North, with our main destination being Mole National Park. It is our goal to see some wild animals this weekend! We are planning for the worst, but it will be fun /  and funny no matter what, because the group that is going has a good attitude.

My posts have been short lately, but that will all change this weekend!

Wish me luck, we are leaving at 5:00 am!

peace. love. adventures.

2 comments:

  1. I googled the park, looks like an adventure for sure! Hope to see some great pics of it. Enjoy, and be careful! where are you staying there???!! The hotel?

    peace. love. travel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds great! Have fun cuzin! And is it just me, or at one point in your life, didn't you not like eggs? Man, from meat to eggs to goat stew...you've made quite the 180! love!

    ReplyDelete