Friday, July 16, 2010

Rain Rain Go Away

Friday.

I woke up today and it was so cold and rainy outside.

Yesterday I had planned on coming back to the house early for a catalog meeting with a few of the designers, however, because shipment went out this morning and I was stuck folding....that meeting never happened. So, this morning I made sure to stay home and have the meeting

My entire morning was spent over at the hotel with a few of the other designers brainstorming ideas for the 2011 catalog. In the past photos have been taken here in the Cape Coast area. This year we are hoping to do a photo shoot in the U.S. So we found images of possible locations, and came up with lifestyle photo ideas.

At lunch time we were all so hungry, so we went down to Eli's to see if she had any leftovers. We figured there was a good chance, because last night there was a big group that came to eat at Eli's and they ALL ordered something different! I think Eli is just too nice, and she agreed to make all of the different dishes! That's insane. When we eat there we all get the same thing, and she cooks all day for us. I can't even imagine how long she spent in the kitchen last night! Crazy. But, we had egg sandwiches and ground nut soup.

After lunch we finished our catalog meeting while drinking coffee and eating rock cakes. Dare I say it was a relaxing day at work?!?

After work it was time for my birthday party!! Everyone in the house went to Stumble Inn for dinner, drumming and dancing. I am still not sure of all the facts, but somehow my roommate Karrah was involved in setting this all up. It was so cool! I will admit, when I first found out about a drumming and dancing night I was a little worried. Then when I had to sit front and center I was REALLY worried. But, it was so cool. There was flipping and fire eating and then I was forced to go in front and dance for my birthday. Have no fear....the entire thing is on video.

Tomorrow I am going back to Kakum National Forest to spend the night in a tree house! Let the birthday weekend go on!

Peace. Love. Eat fire.

2 comments:

  1. a drumming party and a night in a tree house......i'm there!

    peace.love.fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im so glad you had a good b-day. Cant wait to hear about the treefort experience! I thought of you last night, we went downtown ann arbor and ate at a vietnamese place. We tried a few new things, and I never ever do that, but you make me want to try new things reading about all the stuff you are doing! I remeber the days when I would make cheesy tatos with crm of celery soup instead of crm of chicken cuz you wouldnt eat it if it had crm of chicken!! And now you are eating goat!!! How cool. Karrah rocks, how great that she planned you a party from here! How special.

    peace. love. great friends.

    ReplyDelete