Friday, July 2, 2010

We're Ghana make history!

Friday.
It feels like a Monday.

Bad news for me...I ran out of my hair powder. Get ready to see some pictures of my dirty hair from now on.

I woke up to quite a rude email from my parents bragging about kettle corn and Tiger baseball. Way to rub it in!

Last night at dinner I picked up a rock cake so that I could enjoy it with my coffee this morning. It tasted like there was a little bit of lemon in it...so good! But then I thought about how I would really love to be eating on of the famous cherry chocolate chip scones that Katie and Audry make.

I carried my computer to work in a plastic bag today. It was VERY undercover. I need to find a backpack to use, because my everyday bag is too small, and the backpack I have with me is more of a travel bag. I am going to check the Accra house to see if they have a random one just laying around...that way I can use my plastic bag for something else. :-)

Work was a little busy in the morning. I had to bring all of our new patterns in and get them organized for samples to be made. Also, there was a consistent flow of new fabrics coming into the office all day long. As soon as they come in we try to photograph them and then make other possible colorways using photoshop, so that we can send them off for feedback. Because it is Friday we would like to send out a group of them at the end of the day.

We are also holding a contest for the batikers and seamstresses to submit new designs for the upcoming "collection" There have been some pretty cool items floating around! Including some CUTE stuffed animals..however I do not think we can do stuffed animals due to too many regulations.

At one point Pepo was in the office between his vet appointments. He is still feeling a bit ill. We were trying to hide him in the design room, but he kept barking. He is a dog with a strong opinion on batik motifs.

The afternoon was busy, and I was finally able to break away from the office so that I could run to the bank and go with one of the girls to renew her visa. We just knew to go to the second floor of the building next to the fruit lady. So we went to the second floor and just stood there like fools, until we finally found someone. It ends up that we didn't have the correct paper work, so she couldn't renew it today. I also need to renew mine, but it might be a bit more complicated now that I am staying and do not hold a definite return ticket. Monday I will need to figure that all out.

On my way back to the office I was followed by a goat. Rude little animals.

I came back to the house a little early today, with the goal of emailing the samples using the internet at the hotel, but that failed. No internet.
We wemt to dinner early tonight, so that it would be over before the game started. We had yam balls, and it might be my new favorite food ever. They remind me of the potato cheese balls you can get at Frankenmuth. So good!

We ended up staying at Elis to watch the game. It was intense when they scored right before half time. There was screaming, and hugging, and people running down the street with dogs chasing after them! I bet the entire country yelled at the exact same moment!

At this moment we are still watching the game, but I just wanted to update before I fall asleep.

I will post some answers to your questions this weekend.

Peace. Love. Goats that stalk.

4 comments:

  1. Dad said , what about your lobster dinner. All he gets is chicken and more chicken and spaghetti.

    Peace. Love. You have the soccer team.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just sent a picture and text to your mom: I was standing next to some Global Mama clothes at a store in Poughkeepsie, NY!! It's full of stuff from all kinds of African and South American countries! Who'd have thought?? I bought a small Global Mamas clutch. Would have bought a dress, but, though I am "traditionally built," I don't think they had anything in my size! ;-) May go back tomorrow or the next day for a shirt for Bob!

    Peace. Love. Finding Global Mamas in New York state!

    ReplyDelete
  3. have a great up-coming week, "favorite niece" - we are 'off to scotland' today - i will miss my daily update of you - "see" you next week!!

    blessings,
    aj

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the shouts outs! both on the scones and the potato cheese puffs @ Frankenmuth. :)

    P.S. This post was really funny to me this morning. Maybe it's cuz I've been gone for the last week and have just missed reading your updates. :) love!

    P.P.S. I'll have a whole double batch of cherry cream scones waiting for you when you get back. :)

    ReplyDelete