Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Salute Your Shorts

Tuesday.

I just wanted to stay in bed and read all day. Its going to be a week or two before I can spend the weekend doing that.

Every Tuesday I forget that its no fishing days...aka no taxi days. So, we were standing on the side of the road trying to get a taxi to Cape Coast and a driver on the opposite side of the road pulled over with a full taxi and asked if we would wait for him to come back. I said No, keep going! What a fool, like we were going to stand there and wait for him to drop people off and come back. Annoying.

Work was busy again today. We were still sending patterns out to be sampled, and trying to hunt down the ones that were already out. Then I was sending interns out to work with seamstresses, while I was fixing patterns and photographing new products. The day went by pretty fast because we were doing things non stop.

Today I decided to treat myself to a little gift. I bought some WILD shorts. They are patchwork shorts with really bright and bold designs, and they have an elastic waist band. I will try to post photos of them, because they are funny. However, at the same time I feel like they are very J.Crew goes to Ghana!

Not much to say for today, and you did not comment yesterday....so that's all for now.

Peace. Love. Shorts.

5 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see the patchwork shorts! I am becoming a bigger fan of batiks, thanks to reading about making them and seeing the Global Mamas clothes in Poughkeepsie! People are astounded when I tell them I actually have some of the products! Do they have anything for the traditionally built?

    Peace. Love. Tradition! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are these Global Mamas shorts? Or did you buy them from a street vendor?

    Peace. Love. Shopping. M.

    ReplyDelete
  3. peace.love.camp onnawanna.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sorry no comments yesterday....I did enjoy the last few posts, as always. I envisioned the tree house experience a bit different. I think you did too! I would have prefered to sleep inner circle rather than smashed to the post, because I am very afraid of "open" heights. Ooooo so afraid...ladders, and balconies are the worst. Even third level at comerica on the glass freaks me out! Please post of pic of you in the cool new shorts!

    peace. love. J. Crew

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was immediately excited when I saw the title of today's post! What were those two main characters' names? Donkey Lips and what? Too funny.

    K, I measured my hair this weekend and it is about 11.5 inches from the bottom of my ear lobe. That's only like an inch and a half since May! Eeek, not good compared to your three inches! But I have gotten a trim or two since then. Maybe I should cut back... :)

    Peace. Love. WeRunWeJumpWeSwimAndPlay.

    ReplyDelete