Monday, May 31, 2010

Just another manic Monday

Week three.
Humidity is not my friend.

Today started off with a nice 6:00 am workout followed by.....a shower! Too bad we were basically out of water and I could hardly rinse the soap off of my body.

Then I went downstairs, and after a series of annoying events, I ended up spilling half a bottle of oil onto the cement floor. Now let me as you, just how do you clean this situation up? Let's just say I was in a bit of a mood for a good part of my morning.

We went to catch a taxi, and ended up taking a tro. It is half the price of the taxi, but you have to make so many stops that it is a little annoying. The guy collecting money in the tro was so funny, with his low rise jeans and mesh tank top..........yep.

So, we got to work and decided that we needed a little inspiration for our trend research. So, what better than to go for a nice long hike in the rain forest. We once again overthrew a trotro and we set off to Kakum national park. The word Kakum actually comes from the call of one of the monekys. If you would like more information on Kakum you will need to google that on your own....as I am not A travel guide here. :-)

So, by far the best part of our visit was doing the canopy walk! It was so fun, and the photos I took do not even do justice to what it was like looking down from so high up. Our guide was funny, because before we walked across, he said that if you get scared, don't look down, and if all else fails, remember that God loves you. Then when we were waiting for the last group to finish, we asked how they were doing and his response was that we might want to pray for them to make it. There was a total of 7 walkways we had to cross over two by two, and some were quite a bit wobbly. We found out that you can rent a tree house and stay the night, so we are hoping to go back and do that.

When we got back to work it was pretty late in the afternoon, so we spent the remainder of the afternoon packing garments for the shipment we have later this week. We were going to work late today because we felt bad being gone for so long, but they told us to go and relax. Sooooo we did!

On the way home we stopped at one of the shops that is down from our house, and after having a nice drumming lesson, and jammin out with a Rasta, I purchased my brother a drum. I picked the one with the best look to it, so hopefully it also has the best sound to it as well.

I made my own food for dinner tonight, not as good as what Eli makes us, but at least it saved me some money.

Today there was a dead puppy in the road all day, and every time I walked past him I just wanted to cry my eyes out. Poor little pup. Speaking of pups, Pepo ate poop at the beach the other day, so he is in deep trouble now and will not be eating my oatmeal for a few days.

Everyone in the house is so sick right now, so I am keeping my distance and hoping that it is nothing I can catch.

I will try to post photos soon!

Peace. Love. Mesh Tank Tops.

4 comments:

  1. Ok...this shower problem, can you take a shower over at the resort?! When you said you got a card for the resort, on of my first thoughts was you could take a nice shower there. Never ever ever would I walk across those bridges, cant wait to see the pics. And the meal thing, you girls pay for your meals that she makes you? so you have a cook a maid and a night guard?! Do you pay for the cleaning services too? And by the way, snoop eats poop too, that is really the main reason i dont touch him much! That is just gross. chilly the other night, humid today, kinda does sound like michigan!
    peace. love. low-rise jeans.

    ReplyDelete
  2. humidity is your foe.

    i looked up some pictures of that park. it looks SWEET!!!!!! your rocks in the ocean sound pretty good too.

    THANKS FOR THE DRUM!!! it looks good. now how is it getting back to the states? o when i came back into the states i had to tell how much the stuff i was bringing back was worth...so it may be worth keeping track of that as you go so you don't have to try and guess while you are on the airplane.

    a drum and shakers all in the first few weeks....you are good....i guess it makes sense that you would be a better shopper than i.

    stay healthy...drink good water. eat cooked food (avoid food washed in unclean water)

    can you explain how your food works? (like aunt joann is asking...are you responsible for your meals? do you hire a cook?

    peace.love.dwarfs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have become quite the adventurer, I am so proud you !
    Stay healthy.

    Peace, Love, Dad !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pepo! Gross!!!

    Um, I L.O.V.E. that you went to the rainforest on that adventure for inspiration. I can't wait to see what types of garments come out of that. :)

    ReplyDelete