Monday, May 17, 2010

Akwaba

Welcome to Ghana! I have arrived! Thankfully last night my flight was only delayed and not completely canceled. I of course did not sleep at all on the plane from Detroit to Amsterdam so I was beyond tired when we finally arrived. Luckily, our connector flight to Ghana was equally delayed and we were in time to catch it. Unlucky for me, I had to go through security again while I was there and for some reason had to have a full body search done. I of course was super awkward about it and giggled and wiggled the entire time. I'm sure the security tape would be a good one to watch my reaction on. GAH!! But, again on the bright side, the flight was about half full, so I got a three person row all to myself and was able to fall asleep (in my preferred fetal position). Both flights had minor turbulence, which could be compared to driving on Haggerty road in Livonia, so all in all it was stress free flying.

Wait, I just have to do a special line about how good the food is on KLM flights! Seriously, delish!

At the moment I am less than thrilled with Verizon, because I just tried to sign into Skype and it is telling me that I can only use it in the US....shame on you Verizon! (Right about now you should all be able to hear my mom shriek WHAT! THAT'S RIDICULOUS!)

Tonight I am staying in Accra at someones house, and tomorrow I will hitch a ride with a band to Cape Coast.

Let the adventure begin!

Peace. Love. Accra.

2 comments:

  1. o haggerty road......

    glad you made it.

    are you riding with a music group tomorrow?




    peace.love.fetus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so glad you made it safely! We've been thinking about you and praying for you lots, chica!

    In this post I love: your use of turbulance comparison to Haggery Road, your use of the word "GAH!", and revealing little secrets like you're sleeping position of choice - fetal!

    love you!

    ReplyDelete