Thursday, May 20, 2010

I should have packed an umbrella

Day Three.

I slept like crap last night. I could not fall asleep and it felt like the night would never end. It rained part of the night, so it was extra extra humid in my room. Then right one schedule, it started to rain as we were walking to grab a ride to work. Then is started to rain harder and harder, then someone finally picked us up.

The morning at work went by pretty fast. Katie and I worked on some measurements for dog hats...people love their dogs! Once we finished those the patterns were sent off with one of the seamstresses and they should be done tomorrow. There is a fairly quick turn around time here, and the shirt we patterned yesterday was finished when we got in this morning. Then Katie and I stared working on a sizing sheet for all of the garments to make sure the measurements are consistent. We had to re measure the garments and compare the size differences to what had been recorded before. Then after seeing the difference in measurements we also made a "how to measure" guide.

After school was out a few kids came in to try on the shirt that we patterned yesterday, and one little girl was so funny, and she would not smile at all. I have photos, but due to the worlds slowest internet connection I do not know if I will have the time or patience to upload them.

I ventured to the market today to get some food items. I ended up with tea, oatmeal and a pack of Digestives. Obviously I had to get those in honor of the Wednesday morning quilting peeps. So tomorrow I will atteMpt to light the stove and make some oatmeal. For dinner I had some "red red". Honestly it was dark outside so I am not entirely sure of what it was, but it was something along the lines of beans and fried plantain. It was really good, but they give you sooooooo much food and I can never eat all of it, so then I feel bad for not taking it with me.

I'm happy tomorrow is Friday, and we are hoping it is sunny this weekend so that we can go to the beach.

Peace. Love. Red red.

4 comments:

  1. TGIF....I agree, I hope the weather is better and you can go to the beach and relax. I am anxious to see phots, hope you will be able to post some soon!!

    Peace. Love. dog hats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. peace. love. digestives.

    ReplyDelete
  3. dog hats?! where do I place my order??? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Wednesday morning quilting peeps are enjoying reading your blog! We'll have some digestives next Wednesday and think of you!

    ReplyDelete